Field Applied Fluoropolymer Coatings
Metal surfaces of building façades are easily neglected. They suffer because of the assumption that these metals are virtually maintenance-free. Surprisingly, the original protective layers on these metals are only 1 or 2 mils (1/1000th of an inch) thick—quite literally, “paper thin.” Without proper care, protective finishes deteriorate and permanent damage occurs. Stuart Dean has special techniques that carefully remove harmful, dulling soil and pollutants. Restored surfaces are protected with colored high-performance fluoropolymer coatings. Our systems renew the luster, and both protect and modernize the appearance of architectural metal curtain wall systems and building façades.
Stuart Dean’s Specialty Services Division focuses on the restoration of architectural metal of curtain wall and building façade. We employ leading experts in the application of field-applied fluoropolymers and other high-performance coatings. We provide unparalleled service with coating strength, endurance, and beauty.
Protect your capital investment
The advantages of Stuart Dean’s high-performance coatings:
- Ideal choice for high-profile architectural applications where long-term aesthetics are a priority.
- Typical two-coat system provides a long-lasting coating that retains color and gloss longer than conventional coating systems.
- Fluoropolymer coatings have a proven track record to last 20 years and still look great.
- The ultra-long lifespan allows for a lower installation cost per square foot by outlasting conventional coating cycles by two to three times.
- Fluoropolymer technology offers reduced maintenance costs by resisting chalking, repelling surface dirt and reducing cleaning cycles.
- Low-maintenance finishes are resistant to marring and abrasion while providing excellent gloss and color retention.
- Coatings require little maintenance and can be easily cleaned with mild detergents.
- They cure chemically into a durable, inert fluoropolymer system to attain bright, vivid colors, including metallic, and a wide range of gloss levels.
- They are formulated to provide ultimate resistance to weathering and ultraviolet degradation.
- We do comprehensive testing of substrate temperature and humidity and adhesion monitoring during application of coating.
- You receive a long-term warranty by coating manufacturers and a separate application warranty by Stuart Dean.
The Special Services Group of Stuart Dean has involvement with The Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC), National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), the American Institute of Architects (AIA), and Construction Specification Institute (CSI), which provide us with expertise in coating performance and substrate conditions, allowing us to stay on the forefront of new technologies and methodologies to protect metal architectural surfaces.
Stuart Dean maintains a 10,000 square foot National Training Facility in Cleveland, Ohio, which is consistently utilized by Stuart Dean applicators across the country for training and certification as High-Performance Coating application specialists. Certifications are granted in conjunction with top coating manufacturers, which enable our technicians to be certified by numerous coating companies. This allows Stuart Dean to offer field-applied coating warranties atypical of the industry standard.
Contact Stuart Dean
Restoring and maintaining architectural assets avoids costly removal and replacement. Restore and maintain what you have. Contact a Stuart Dean representative at (800) 322-3180 for an assessment.